Monday, May 18, 2009

packages

Another great weekend in the books with nothing but family time for all of us. The beautiful wife had taken thursday and friday off to spend with her mom on her birthday and also visiting family staying with the inlaws for the mother-in-law birthday. The usual crazy family stuff going on but we did our own thing and didn't have to deal with any of it, whew. i didn't get anything done on the outside of our house as I wanted to but I did help the wife go through her closet and I have four huge bags of stuff to bring to the battered womans shelter.

I was able to get a trail run in on thursday evening and it was the best. I could tell that I haven't been in a while but was super pumped to get the new shoes dirty and see what they have. They were better than I thought giving me the support and cushioning I needed. I could tell that the area has had lots of rain lately as the whole trail was very technical with lots of roots showing and the usual technical areas were extra technical. A great 6 mile run to start breaking the shoes in and looking forward to many more.

Then I came home on friday to another package at the door for me, two in one week let alone one year, crazy stuff going on. It was a package from I love steaks with a rei waist bottle carrier inside. I'll take pics and post soon, but the nicest and coolest thing ever. I took it out for a short test run sunday morning and it is absolutely awesome, easy to use and very comfortable. I have been trying to think of a way to thank him for the pack and will definetly being sending a thank you package shortly.

The run sunday morning was a little rough but it felt so good to be outside in the quiet morning enjoying the beautiful morning although it was very overcast. Looking forward to many more runs with both the shoes and pack again soon.

Love and hug your loved ones every chance you get. Live everyday to the fullest.

No comments: