Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Memorial day

We did celebrate memorial day this weekend as well as I always think of those that have lost their lives while fighting for our freedom during the day. I am very proud of being a veteran myself so it gives me a feeling of what more can I do now for my family and country. I woke up early on monday and head out for a nice 6 mile run. The weather has been a little crazy lately with lots of rain for several short periods of time. It was muggy out but was lucky to not have any rain during the run. I was planning aon some more runs earlier in the weekend but missed the small window of opportunity. Was a good run though and went without the ipod so I enjoyed listening to the birds and other noises during the run. Looking forward to more runs this week and my best friend is coming to visit this weekend for a day so I may do some other funs things as well.

Did spend all weekend with the family and absolutely loved every second of it. We hung out with the big boys best friend from school and they are the two best kids in the world. They had a great time playing and hanging out while the beautiful wife and I hung out with his parents, great time for all as the boys didn't want to say goodbye. We will be hanging out lots more in the future for sure.

Love and hug your loved ones every chance you get. Live everyday to the fullest.

No comments: