Friday, March 6, 2009

needs

I like to consider myself a very easy going person with very little needs. I am happy and very blessed with all that I have in my life and have had in my life. I always try to focus on the positive in everything no matter how negative it is. This positive attitude is one of my strong points that others usually notice about me almost instantly. I love to get outside and run to keep myself moving while enjoying everything around me, with very little needs or expensive equipment. I have 4 runnings shoes that I use with 2 of them I have had for 10 years. I enjoy running with my ipod that my wife got me for Christmas years ago and now use it as well as the nike+ system as the only means to measure and track my runs (not sure where my watch went to) even though I'm not out to trully race or judge my running. I only want to track my runs and exercise cause I know that one day I will not be able to do it and would enjoy looking back. I would love to have a heart rate monitor one day only because sometimes I can feel either a slight strain on the old ticker and get a little worried. I would like to also run a race (haven't run a race in over 12 years) one day to enjoy all the others runners and the amazing experience we all have together in races, but have a hard time spending money on races for myself instead of time and money with the family. Just me and the open road or trails with lots of fresh air is all that I really need.

I did go for a good 4 mile run last night with temps in the lower 50's which wasn't bad after the freezing temps all week. I kept an easy 9:30ish pace with a nice relaxed state of mind making an effort to look up and around enjoying my surroundings as well as the beautiful sky. Feel good and hope to make a couple more runs this weekend. Hope everyone has a great weekend and good runs.

Love and hug your loved ones every chance you get. Live everyday to the fullest.

No comments: