Monday, September 15, 2008

That was awesome!

Woke up early on Saturday to get a long run in no matter what. I was feeling good heading out in a foggy and hazzy morning with a determinination to go as long as I could. There was a ton of garage sales going on in our community as well as the development that is connected to ours (which I don't normally run through). I was feeling good the whole way and also feeling strong. I had a bottle of my watered down gatoraid and some sharkies gummies. I took them at around the 3 mile and 6 mile mark which was perfect. I ended up running 8.6 miles in 1 hour and 30ish minutes. Felt great even though I was soaked from head to toe with sweat pouring off of my hat brim. I stretched at home and was going about starting my day when the wife yells at me to get the patio completed. So I changed clothes and went rock shopping. Came home and started to dig the 6 inches for the patio base and stones. I then went to the rock store and bought the 2000 lbs of stone and proceeded to load the flagstone rocks into the back of our minivan and then drive home to unload the stones and go back for more. I worked outside in the 90 degree heat and 98% humidity for over 8 hours, as well as the long run in the morning. I drank so much glasses of water and was soaked with sweat all day. I got the patio partially temporarily completed though for the visit of a frien of my beautiful wife this weekend. I took 3 ibuprofrin and called it a night. I was done. I am glad I did all that on saturday and spent all day sunday with the big boy at a birthday party and playing with his friend, good time.

Love and hug your loved ones every chance you get.

No comments: