Friday, June 13, 2008

bus running

I have decided to take the bus to and from work to help save money and help the environment. It isn't that bad actually as they have an express line that goes from a park&ride down my street straight through to uptown and I walk 5-6 blocks to my office. I get to relax on the bus and enjoy my ipod and read. In the evening, it goes from uptown straight to the park&ride and I then go 1 mile and pick up the big boy from day care. The only problem is that the wife is now driving my car into her work and it is a piece but it is good with gas.

I got home last night and wanted to run but knew the wife wanted me to cut the grass, so I took care of the yard and when I was done I went for a nice short run. 4 miles in a 9:30 pace. It wasn't that bad and really enjoyed the run. I ran on sunday morning at 7 and thought I was going to die. It was so humid and hot and I had to take it easy and I even had to walk some. I went through 2 bottles of water and it was only 5 miles. I am going to try and go for a trail run early tomorrow morning and we shall see.

Love and hug your loved ones every chance you get.

No comments: