Monday, April 7, 2008

wet and wild

Had a great weekend and even a full day of rain on saturday didn't stop the fun or getting things done. It started to rain friday night and didn't stop until the middle of the night saturday night. I don't know how much rain we got but my yard and everything outside is soaked and flooded. I was home saturday with just me and the big boy and we did whatever he wanted to do, we played trains, wrestled and even played "are you smarter than a fifth grader (which we are). The big boy can't even read yet but he know 3 or 4 of the questions and got them right. We ended up building a fort in his room and he slept on his pullout sofa sleeper and I slept on the floor. We slept pretty good all night too. We woke up and watched his Thomas the train shows and played for a little and then hung out downstairs as a family. Beautiful wife and I enjoyed our coffee and then ate breakfast together which we usually do on sunday mornings. We had made plans for a play date with his neighborhood friend so I would work on a couple of things until then. I planted our japanese maple tree and then worked on redoing some of the mulched play area that was overgrown with weeds. I finished that and then spread limestone out over the yard. The neighbor came over at this time and we hung out in the back yard while the two boys played. Was a good time and after an hour of playing outside, they wanted to watch a movie and play inside. I wanted to run and the wife said go ahead. I ran 5 miles with very heavy and tired legs but was so happy to be out and enjoying the fresh air. I am going to try to get a couple more runs in this week and want to stay on a good routine.

Love and hug your loved ones every chance you get.

1 comment:

Mendy said...

Awww!!! really sounds like a nice, relaxing, fun weekend with the family. I like times like that.

Good job on your 5 miler too and enjoying the air, even though your legs didn't feel up to par.