Friday, June 29, 2007

Good run

I think waiting an extra 30 minutes in this heat and humidity is the best thing to do. Went for a run around 7:30 last night and the sun was going down so it wasn't as hot but the humidity was very high still. I ran a good first mile and half with a 9 minute pace and then slowed it down to a 9:30 pace. I didn't bring my water bottle with me and it wasn't bad with out it. I was having a little stomach issue that made me walk a little but I worked through it. I am planning on doing 10 miles tomorrow morning on the greenway.

We are planning on going to the comedy club tomorrow night with all the neighborhood parents and it should be a good time with lots and lots of cold beer. I am wanting to run an easy 4 miles on sunday to help"earn" the cold beers.

3 comments:

Michele said...

I think the 10 miler will earn you a few cold ones!

Jason The Running Man said...

Hmm...I'm seeing some consistency in your running! Will there be a marathon in your future? Great job getting out to run!

Jess said...

Here in FL, I can sympathize with the humidity -- it really affects the run (b/c the sweat doesn't evaporate and therefore your body doesn't cool itself as it should), so waiting until dark is your best bet.

Hope you enjoy your weekend!