Tuesday, August 25, 2009

saturday morning run

Started out the weekend with a bang and didn't slow down for one second. Got a 4 mile run in on Saturday morning. I was feeling really good and very happy to be running after over two weeks off. When I got home at the end of the run, I was non-stop from that moment on, doing lots of little things around the house that needed to get done and then did as much as I could at the in-laws house. Sunday was non-stop as well all day but I was so happy to get things done.

My running consistency has been non existent lately due to many reasons but mostly because of the family needs. This year has been a little rough with lots of "things" going on affecting my runs. I'm not really worried about missing my runs or going crazy, as far as I could tell, but with the few runs I do get in I couldn't be happier. The good news is that the beautiful wife and I (and our big boy son) are very happy that we are expecting a little girl in February. I have been doing as much as I can around the house and beyond to help ease the burden and be a better man, sacrificing runs in the process. I'm still doing workouts at home when I have a chance, hoping to keep a good core strength for an easier return. We have started to tell people about the pregnancy now which we feel really good about. I have a ton of things to do to get ready for baby as well as be there for the big boy in his everyday life. I couldn't feel happier and feel amazingly blessed.

Love and hug your loved ones everycahnce you get! Live everyday to the fullest.

No comments: