Tuesday, June 24, 2008

troubled knees

Went for a run saturday morning and struggled for most of the run. I walked a good bit and never felt strong. I went last night for a run and started out rough (as always) but soon got in a good pace and was cruising along. I decided to keep on going and make it a long run when I stopped at the 5 mile mark cause of really bad pain behind my knees. I was feeling a little tight in my left hamstring and may have adjusted my stride to accomodate the soreness that caused the knee pain. I don't feel anything now which is good and I am planning on running tomorrow night to find out. I really want to start doing more running and then this happens. I'm thinking everything is ok and staying positive so we will see. I took the big boy to hit some golf balls on sunday and we had a blast. I hit a couple of balls and my back was killing me, I think I slept wrong and got some knots next to the shoulder blades. The beautiful wife and I were able to spend a good amount of time together this weekend as the big boy stayed at the in-laws house all weekend. We watched the Transformer movie (awesome) and National Treasure 2 (awful) and got some great sleep as we slept til 9ish both days. I never sleep past 8 but I think I needed it but it may have led to the knots.

Love and hug your loved ones every chance you get and live life to the fullest.

No comments: