Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Relay for Life

The big boy and I did another Relay for Life friday night and had a great time. He was very excited to see his teacher during the walk and talked the whole time to her. The beautiful wife and little angel eyes didn't make it this year unfortunately. The beautiful wife does not support anything like this so it is always just me out there. It was so awesome seeing all of the families together throughout the night having such good times that I kept getting upset when I thought about it. I registered as a survivor and recieved a shirt and purple ribbon to wear for the survivor lap and the beautiful wife explained to me for the second year in a row that I'm not really a survivor, which I don't think of myself as a survivor as I had my cancer removed during lunch one day and never recieved chemo, I am one of the very lucky ones. I only register as a survivor so the statistical numbers for beating this disease are better. Throughout the whole walk I thought about all of the loved ones affected by cancer. Four days later I am still in a funk and not happy with the beautiful wife. I am planning on forming a team next year for the walk as well as staying the whole time. I will be looking for ideas to raise some money for the organization throughout the year. Hope all the mothers had a great day and felt all the love and caring they deserve.

Love and hug your loved ones every chance you get. Live everyday to the fullest.

No comments: